A new tuition initiative at The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College will make college possible and affordable for starting freshmen.
The UTB/TSC Imagine College! program, which began fall 2007, covers all tuition and fees for first-time, full-time freshman Texas residents with a family income of $25,000 or less.
UTB/TSC Imagine College! is just one of a growing number of initiatives UTB/TSC offers to better assist students with their financial needs.
First-time, full-time freshmen in the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class are eligible to apply for more than 100 four-year scholarships that include housing. An on-campus Student Employment Initiative program is available for those with grade point averages of 2.75 or better, and students also may apply for traditional work-study programs.
In the UTB/TSC Imagine College! program, students could have their tuition and mandatory fees covered for four years if they meet the following requirements:
· Have a family income of $25,000 or less as reported on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
· Be classified as a Texas resident.
· Be registered for 15 credit hours per semester and complete 30 credit hours each year.
· Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
· Be eligible for a Pell Grant (financial assistance for undergraduate students from the federal government that does not have to be repaid). Special arrangements can be made for students in academic programs requiring more than four years to complete.
To learn more about UTB/TSC Imagine College!, please call the Office of Financial Aid at 882-8277.